INSURTE is responsible for processing personal data concerning you, collected via our websites.
INSURTE, undertake to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with European and French regulations when applicable to them, in particular Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978 as amended, and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016.
By providing your personal data to the websites https://vti.travel/ and https://visa-travel-insurance.com/, you consent to their use as described below.
When you provide us with the personal data of third parties, you confirm that you have previously obtained their consent.
We do not collect or process personal information unnecessarily and we do not solicit or receive information from children.
INSURTE is an insurance broker and offers an online panel of travel insurance. The entire purchasing process is online, including consent.
INSURTE may collect, process, check, and store personal information during:
- Insurance quote Form
- Insurance contract Form
- Other Forms
- Use Service
- Personal space (creation, modification, etc.)
- Customer service (Live Chat, telephone, text message, email, etc.)
- All exchanges (claims, disputes, etc.)
The majority of the personal data that we process comes from the data entered by the user when requesting a quote and contract.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
The data collected have different purposes:
- Obtain quotes
- Subscribe to contract
- Pre-contractual and contractual obligations
- Comply with certain legal obligations (Anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, etc.)
- Manage your Contract (send you notifications, reminders, renewal, etc.)
- Answer to you (questions, claims, disputes, etc.)
- Personalize your experience
- Send you and remind your free additional services
- Creation and management of your personal space
- Analyze and optimize our services
- Check the quality of our services
- Send you our communications (newsletter, etc.) and advertising
- Send you communications and advertising of our Partners
- Marketing actions (retargeting, etc.)
- Perform statistics and reporting for us and our Partners
Below are the main personal data collected when you fill out one of our forms:
- Country of Departure
- First travel Country
- Date of departure
- Return date
- Other travel Countries
- First Name (all Travelers)
- Last Name (all Travelers)
- City (Address)
- Country (Address)
- Date of Birth (all Travelers)
- Nationality (all Travelers)
- Passport Number (all Travelers)
- Phone number
- Alternate Email
- Administrative Code
- Number of Travelers
- Cardholder First Name
- Cardholder Last Name
- Bank Card Secured Numbers
- Bank Card Expiration date
- Wallets Secured Numbers
- Wallets Expiration date
- Embassy/Consulate Nationality and country
- Visa Travel Insurance contract Number
- Policyholder Name
- IP address of the computer
We collect data from your use of the websites and our services, based on your actions.
INSURTE collects some of this data using cookies, pixels, etc. on our websites.
We use Google Analytics the navigation data analysis service provided by Google Inc. to understand the use that internet users make of our site.
This allows us, in particular, to provide you with a service tailored to your needs and to improve the quality of our Services.
When you take out your travel insurance on our website, your personal information is sent to your insurer. In this case and for your possible claims or contacts with this insurer, its confidentiality policy is applicable. Please refer to its terms and conditions below:
- ALLIANZ Travel
- Serenity: Terms & Conditions
- AXA Assistance
- Silver: Terms & Conditions
- Gold: Terms & Conditions
- Platinium: Terms & Conditions
- EUROP Assistance
- Essential: Terms & Conditions
- Essential Plus: Terms & Conditions
INSURTE may be required to work with subcontractors who may process personal information on our behalf (for example IT providers). The subcontractors are contractually subject to the same confidentiality and security obligations.
The data collected may be communicated to other entities, for example:
- Competent authority following a complaint
- Competent authority within the framework of a legal obligation
- In case of reorganization or sale of INSURTE (in this case you agree that all your personal data held by our company will be transferred to the now competent organization)
- Consulates and Embassies in case of verification of the validity of insurance purchased on our site
INSURTE may receive your personal information from one of his Partners/Introducers if you ask this one to be linked/contacted by us.
Our Introducers do not receive back personally identifiable information for monitoring our Partnership.
If you agree to receive commercial information from one of our Partners and his Partners, you may find yourself in contact with us.
We may use e-mailing, telephone campaigns, text messages, marketing direct, retargeting, and other actions/advertising in accordance with the laws.
When processing your contract, if you accept this declaration, your personal data may be transferred and you may receive commercial communications from us and our partners:
I accept that Insurte and its partners use my personal data to send me, especially by email, information on their products and services.
If you refuse INSURTE will still be able to communicate with you as part of your Insurance.
You can modify or withdraw your consent at any time by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you no longer wish to receive our communications or Partners communications, you can:
- Click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails, etc.
- Send a STOP message in case of SMS
- Write to us at email@example.com
In accordance with articles 12 to 23 of the general regulation (EU) on data protection n° 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 and the modified Data Protection Act n ° 78-17 of January 6, 1978, you benefit in particular from a right of access, rectification, erasure and the right to file a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) for the data concerning you.
What are your rights ?:
- Be informed of how your data is processed
- Access your Data
- Correct or update Data that is incorrect
- Delete the Data if applicable
- Restrict the processing of Data if applicable
- Data Portability (request a printable copy of the Data you have provided)
- Object to the Processing of your Data, in particular in cases where your Data is used for commercial prospecting purposes
- Not be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing
For use your rights, you can contact the data protection officer of INSURTE: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information, we can have an internal or external data protection officer.
To this end, we ensure that the personnel in charge of data protection is trained and able to recognize and respond to a request for the exercise of Customers and Users’ rights.
To exercise your rights of access and rectification, you must be able to prove your identity.
We will send you an acknowledgment of receipt of your request within 10 days from the date of receipt of your correspondence by our services.
Your request will be processed as soon as possible, and in any case within a maximum of 1 month from the date of receipt of your request by our services.
If you don’t have the result/response needed you can make a complaint against our service:
- By email to us at email@example.com
- By post to us: INSURTE – Claims Department – 5 Ter Rue du magasin à Poudre – 14000 CAEN – France
We will send you an acknowledgment of receipt of your complaint within 10 days from the date of receipt of your correspondence by our services.
Your request will be processed as soon as possible, and in any case within a maximum of 2 months from the date of receipt of your request by our services.
If you are not satisfied with the processing of your request by INSURTE you can also make a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL): https://www.cnil.fr/en/plaintes
In accordance with law 2014-344 of March 17, 2014 relating to the consumption, you also have the right to object to door-to-door marketing by subscribing free of charge on the Bloctel opposition list: https://conso.bloctel.fr/
INSURTE undertakes to store your personal data for a period not exceeding that necessary for the purposes for which they are processed and the legal provisions.
This can vary especially for renewable contracts.
We are constantly working to protect your data from unauthorized access or unauthorized modification, disclosure, or destruction of the information we hold.
We use various data security measures to guarantee the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information (and require our hosting partners to use the same standard of care):
- SSL encryption
- Information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to systems
- Limitation of access to personal information to employees, subcontractors, etc. who need to know this information to process it and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations
Unfortunately, despite our best effort to protect personal information, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Warning: Keep your Account secure. Don’t reply to any email, live chat, telephone, text message, etc., that asks for your personal information.
Data Transfer Outside the EEA
You are expressly informed that your personal data may be transferred to companies located in countries outside the European Union, for the processing and for the purposes described in this personal data protection policy. The transfer of personal data is carried out in compliance with the applicable regulatory provisions.
Prior to the transfer, and in accordance with the Applicable Regulations, INSURTE implements the procedures required to obtain the guarantees necessary for securing such transfers, in countries which do not present an adequate level of protection, such as contractual clauses.
For more information on the supervision of cross-border flows, the User can contact the data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org